A spicy chicken sandwich typically made of chicken breasts that have been fried bread, pickled onion, and another sauces like mayo mustard, mayonnaise, and hot sauce. There are plenty of recipes for spicy chicken sandwiches on the internet , and I’ve picked an extremely simple recipe that comes from one of the pioneer women (Ree Drummond). The secret to those tasty pioneer women spicy chicken sandwiches lies in the way you cook your chicken’s breast. Make the chicken breast Start by cutting the chicken breast into small pieces, then coating the pieces with flour, egg, buttermilk and the hot sauce recipe from Louisiana. Then, coat them in breadcrumbs. Cook the breasts until they are golden brown. After they have been cooked well remove them from the pan and dip them with Louisiana-style hot sauce , topped with butter that is melted. The seasoning: Salt freshly ground pepper, and cayenne is good, however, if you wish you can add your preferred seasonings like garlic powder Italian spices, herbs and more. Making sandwiches: Here you can include pickles, chopped onions as well as fresh lattes. It’s your choice and you should be imaginative and create a delicious spicy chicken sandwich to share with you as well as your loved ones.
Talking about pioneer woman, if you want another recipe from them, go for the pioneer woman pasta salad. Its extremely delicious and I’m sure you will love it!
Pioneer Woman Spicy Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts that have been thin-cut (recommended cutlets of chicken)
- Salt from Kosher.
- Black pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Six tablespoons of salted butter melt
- 14 Cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 4 buns toasted
- 1/2 cup of pickle chips that have been drained
How To Make Pioneer Woman Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Add salt and pepper on the chicken breasts, and then set aside. In a bowl or dish with a shallow bottom mix the cayenne pepper and flour together.
- In a separate vessel or bowl mix the egg with buttermilk along with 1 tablespoon of hot sauce.
- In a 3rd shallow dish, place the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each chicken breast into the mixture of flour, and then dip it into the mixture of buttermilk and eggs, then cover it with breadcrumbs.
- Put aside.
- Add the remaining Louisiana hot sauce as well as 2 tablespoons of butter that has been melted in the bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and place aside.
- 4. Melt 4 tablespoons remaining butter and an olive oil saucepan at a medium-low heat.
- Once the oil is heated and the butter has been melting and the butter is melted, put the pieces of chicken the skillet. Cook until golden brown and cooked to perfection approximately 4 minutes on each portion.
- Take the pan out of the pan and place aside.
- With an fork, dip the crispy chicken in the mix with Louisiana sweet sauce, butter and hot sauce until it is completely covered.
- The burger is best eaten with lots of fresh pickles the buns that have been toasted.
How To Store Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Wrap your hot chicken sandwich in waxed or parchment paper to stop it from becoming wet. It is also possible to cover the sandwich with an airtight plastic wrap sandwich container to hold loose ingredients in one. If you’re making a hot chicken sandwich employ tin foil in place of parchment papers to preserve the warmth, or to warm it by baking it later. In The Fridge: A well-stored spicy chicken sandwich can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Be sure to put them in tightly-closed containers. In The Freezer: Chicken sandwiches with spicy sauce can be frozen, and are able to last for 1 to 3 months to get the best flavour and taste. When you are ready to consume them, put them in the refrigerator one day prior to when you intend to serve them.
Oh and while I’m talking about chicken sandwich, if you want another recipe made with it, I would recommend you go for the subway house sandwich sauce recipe. It’s extremely good and you will love it.
How To Reheat Spicy Chicken Sandwich
In The Oven:
- Preheat the oven up to 375°F for approximately 2 minutes.
- If you have cold items such as onions, pickles, or tomatoes, take them out while you sit.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Then, place the chicken that has been fried and toasty buns on it.
- It’s all dependent on the amount of chicken pieces and buns you have on your baking pan, but you should bake all of it for 5 to 8 minutes.
- After it’s baked once it’s baked, you can remove it from the oven and put it back together. sandwich as per your preference.
In The Microwave:
- Then, take the chicken sandwich you’ve left and put it on a microwave-friendly plate.
- Microwave it in short bursts of 30 seconds the first time before examining it in the middle.
- It is recommended to microwave it for 45-60 seconds before the chicken can be cooked.
- When the food has been heated again, take them out of the microwave and put them together again , combining the pickles with the sauce that you like.
In The Air Fryer:
- Air fryer is ready to be used for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the oven is ready after it has preheated, place the fried chicken in the basket of your air fryer.
- It is recommended to reheat it at least 3-4 hours on one end and then for about a minute on the other side.
- The oven can be used to toast your bread buns, or by microwaving them for a couple of minutes can assist.
- After the food has been heated After that, you can put it all together by adding the sauce and pickles that you like.
In Frying Pan:
- On the gas stove, switch it on, then place the cast-iron pan or non-stick skillet on one of the hobs as well as a deep-neck pan to the side.
- Butter the pan with non-stick and toast the buns at both ends. Remove the pan from the heat and place in a bowl to cool.
- Then, heat the oil in another skillet and then fry your chicken. It should begin to warm up for about 3 minutes before adding the fried chicken. Keep cooking until the chicken is crispy and golden brown.
- To clean it up Take the chicken out from the oil and set it on an unlined plate by tissue that’s absorbed the oil that was left.
- Depending on the way you’d like the chicken sandwich to be spiced add some spicy seasoning over the chicken you’ve fried.
What To Serve With Spicy Chicken Sandwich
What are the best sides to accompany the spicy chicken sandwich? Personally, I love spicy chicken sandwiches that include fries, dipping sauces like the yum yum sauce or mayonnaise as well as a cold glass of coca-cola. Serve it with roast vegetables like carrots, bell peppers and potatoes or make an enticing salad that goes perfectly with the dish. Here’s an assortment of the top dishes to serve as a side dish with Pioneer woman’s spicy chicken sandwiches:
- Green Salad
- Fruit Platter
- Farfalle With Chicken and Roasted Garlic Recipe
- Corn Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Chicken and Reames Noodles Recipe
More Side dishes:
- Cheese Platter
- Vegetable Platter
- Dill Pickles
- Macaroni Salad
- Bacon Potato Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Butternut Squash Salad Ina Garten
Pioneer Woman Spicy Chicken Sandwich Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 100 grams
- Calories 244.7
- Calories from fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1g
- Saturated Fat 2.1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 34.6mg
- Sodium 888.3mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23.9g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g
- Sugars 3.2g
- Protein 14.9g
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a spicy grilled chicken sandwich? Yes pioneer women have spicy chicken sandwiches. They are in fact spicy. As you see , she made use of Louisiana hot sauce, which is hot and packed with flavor. Can I freeze a hot chicken sandwich? You can certainly put a chicken sandwich in the freezer and it’ll last for three months. Follow the steps in the above article for a perfect outcome.